CJB’s Surf Co was founded in 1997 as a creator and distributor of original, high-performance surf and watersports equipment including own brands C-Skins, Swim Research, Vision, Robie and Bulldog CJB also act as UK/Ireland distribution partners for: Sexwax, Solarez, Gear Aid and Surf Ears.
CJB’s Surf Co is looking for a Marketing Manager with surfing and watersports in their DNA. The successful candidate will manage and oversee marketing strategy for the company’s in-house brands: C-Skins, Vision, Robie, Bulldog & Swim Research. We will consider applicants with 3-5 years of experience working in marketing and prefer candidates who have experience managing brand strategy and direction. All candidates will also need to have a hands-on approach and be willing to work on a range of daily tasks themselves. With the support of the Director, the successful applicant will implement, report, and develop our marketing strategies. From maintaining & growing our social media channels to supplying input and direction into brand catalogues and websites, you will be a crucial part of our marketing activities for a growing group of brands. If you love all things surf & Watersports, this could be the perfect role for you.
With a background in marketing, you’ll be experienced in creating and managing engaging campaigns. You’ll have a good understanding and participate in 1 or more Watersports (surfing preferred) so that you’ll be able to use this knowledge and experience in your day to day activities. You’ll be both creative and super organised to ensure you excel in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. You’ll be expected to be highly experienced in social media campaigns and with an eye for detail and quality.
- Manage and grow the brands social media accounts
- Plan, organise, direct, both studio and lifestyle photo and video shoots
- Liaise with team riders, plan shoots, collect media assets, supply products
- Manage brand image/video/innovation assets, utilising file sharing websites, supplying images to B2B customers
- Update brand websites seasonally and work with design partners to keep websites looking fresh
- Work on image editing whilst also corresponding with external partners
- Promote brands utilising newsletters and paid social marketing
- Cooperate with external partners to create seasonal brand catalogues
- Manage external content creation partners, paid social media and google ads PPC partners
- 3-5 years hands-on experience
- Proven experience delivering effective marketing campaigns.
- Knowledgeable watersports enthusiast with an interest in performance and innovation
- Experienced in photo editing
- Hold a ‘what if’ mindset, striving for continual innovation and improvement.
- Excellent communicator in the spoken and written word, with accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills, with good working knowledge of spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets), as well as the ability to learn in-house systems quickly.
- Previous experience managing and growing social media accounts
- Have an eye for detail and quality and understand what consumers in our market want to see.
- Photography and video skills would be a great bonus
What’s in it for you?
- We’re offering a full-time, permanent contract.
- You will be based at our HQ in Bodmin, Cornwall.
- We’ll invest in you with a competitive salary, £25,0000 to £35,000, depending on your skills and experience.
- Government pension scheme.
- We’ll give you a discount across our range of products.
How to Apply
Send your CV and a covering letter stating why you are exactly what we are looking for and why you want to join our team. Your covering letter is the best opportunity to showcase your personality and skills.
Closing date: Sunday, 20th February 2022. We’ll be interviewing as we go along, so the role may close earlier than advertised.
Important: All applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK at the time of submitting their application; unfortunately, CJB’s Surf Company are not licensed to sponsor overseas workers.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- Yearly bonus
- Casual dress
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Send your CV to [email protected]