Berry Road Studios
To subscribe to Carve Surfing Magazine, call 01637 878074 or subscribe on-line here.
For information about advertising in Carve Surfing Magazine and SurfGirl Magazine, please request our media pack by emailing [email protected]
- Words as a Word/Pages/Text Edit file by email to [email protected]. Suggested length for columns 500 words and 1000-2000 words for feature pieces. Don’t go mad formatting as all formatting will be removed in the design process.
- Photos as low-res jpegs, 1000px wide at 72dpi, (no more than your best 20) to [email protected].
- Please appreciate we can be a bit busy and don’t always reply right away. If you’ve got the gold we will be in touch.
- Photo-wise, if we dig your low-res we will request the RAW files be submitted via wetransfer.com to [email protected]. Feel free to send reference jpegs for colour matching. We prefer RAW files so we don’t get any nasty surprises come print time. Please don’t send cropped images. A slight crop can work but if you’ve cropped into a quarter of the frame it’s no use for the magazine.
- Word-wise, humour, information or anything considered if it’s entertaining. A UK/Ireland slant helps, but there are a lot of general topics in surfing also.
- Photo-wise, fresh is best, don’t sit on shots for three months then send them in.
- Label your shots in the following format: Location_RiderName_PhotogName.tiff etc No specific location necessary if it’s sensitive.
- Exclusivity. Please don’t blow a banger of a shot on the ‘Gram, if it’s a killer cover or spread worthy gem give us the option first. You can gram it to your heart’s content once the mag is published and off sale. Same end result but you got paid in the process.
- We only publish contests, the WSL World Tour events online, we don’t put them in the mag. UK comps we will run online if the shots are complimentary.
- Prints are sadly prints are a pain production wise. So we prefer digital delivery. In essence, send hi-res scans.
- If you want a shot at being reposted on our Instagram then hashtag your image with #carvemag or #carvemaglineup for, err, lineup shots or email us with the title “Instagram”.
- We consider all photographers work so don’t be shy. We have had two cover shots from first time submissions.
- Be honest with your work, it can take years to be good enough to get published. Don’t obsess on tight action long lens, a sick line-up, or water shots have a better chance of getting run.
- Respect is all. Drones can be annoying, too many photogs are ruining certain spots, don’t blow shots same day as the swell. Avoid obvious landmarks. Be cool