Sage advice that’ll last you a lifetime; read, digest and pass on…
21. The first rule of Surf Club is – you don’t talk about Surf Club.
22. The second rule of Surf Club – No smoking.
23. The third rule – No sandy feet, we’ve just had the carpet valeted.
24. You don’t need to get every biggest and best set wave of the day. Sometimes the smaller ones run better.
25. If you see some litter on the beach on your way back to the car pick it up. might not be yours but it’ll do wonders for your karma.
26. recycling ‘n’ shit doesn’t only apply to newspapers and bottles.
27. Give broken boards and old wetties away to people less fortunate than yourself.
28. when you say, “this is my last wave!” mean it, even if it’s smoking deep keg. If you paddle back out for “just one more” you
can guarantee you will either a) paddle around in a mirror calm ocean for half an hour and have to paddle in looking like a bona fide
eedjit or b) Snap your pelvis on the next one.
29. Never drive away from good surf.
30. You will regret it, cos you can guarantee that buy the time you get back from searching up and down the coast the tide will have
changed and the bank will have turned to mush.